Niched between the land and the sea, a natural environment between the coast and the hinterland, The Country of Saint Gilles Croix de Vie offers you its wonderful diversity.
With 32 km of coastline, 22 beaches and a marina in the town centre, the country of Saint Gilles Croix de Vie is a unique destination for all types of boating and maritime activities. Its reputation as a fishing port it is deserved thanks to the abundant sardine.
A DAY OF IMPRESSIONS
- 10 am: a morning run in the Sion forest along the ocean, then into the saddle for a trip to the market along the cycle paths on the Bretigny coast - a breathtaking view!
- 11 am: the fragrances and colours of the market stalls - strawberries, saffron and saffronbread, little souvenirs "made in St Gilles." A coffee break on the terrace with a lively atmosphere.
- 1 pm: on the menu, grilled sardines on the port of St Gilles Croix de Vie.
- 2 pm: a nap on the beach while children go cockling on the rocks - shrimps and periwinkles to enjoy tonight! A dip in the surf for dady and the obligatory sandcastle contest...
- 6 pm: back from the beach, admiring the charming "Morocco quarter" and the majestic Joséphine Tower in St Gilles. An aperitif in the open air with delicious Vendée oysters and a little Brem wine.
- 9 pm: watch a free concert, part of the Musicales festival into the warm summer evening... what shall we do tomorrow?!
For more information, contact the Tourist Office of the Pays de Saint Gilles Croix de Vie here.
Find all the information you'll need about the boarding pier for the Ile d'Yeu here.